The first Startathon is going to be organised on 8th July. Aimed to induct the students into Enactus and kickstart their projects, the students undergo team and project goal-setting activities to decide the next steps. Not only that, they will be introduced to their respective mentors!
Prior to the Startathon, a few other events have been hosted in the past months:
- Enactus FOC (Freshman Orientation Camp) was held over the weekend from 13 to 14 May. Polytechnic students were introduced to the Enactus ecosystem and got to mingle with students from other polytechnics!
- A series of workshops were also organised to prepare the students for the Startathon. These workshops were organized for every Enactus polytechnic student, both existing and new members. Through these workshops, students were exposed to feedback and suggestions on how to further grow their project ideas.
- One of the workshops organised was the Idea Jamming workshop, which kickstarted the Enactus Journey for new members. During this workshop, students worked in teams and identified social issues and/or communities that are of personal interest, and performed gap analyses on the identified social issues and/or communities. To further this, the students generated a mesh of wide-ranging ideas and engaged in group sharing where they also built upon the ideas and suggestions of others.
- There was also the Teaming For Success workshop, which aimed to educate and guide students about what constitutes a team. One of the main activities focused on having the students brainstorm what competencies their teams should develop, in a bid to improve team spirit amongst the teams.
- Lastly, there was also the Enactus Project Workshop. This workshop was focused on project management, familiarising students with concepts of financial sustainability and impact measurement, and how they relate to the Enactus projects.